We’re Hiring a Driver!
Company: Milk Not Jails
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Milk Not Jails is a non-profit milk marketing and distribution company with a political mission. We are working to end upstate New York’s economic investment in the prison industry by expanding and strengthening sales and marketing opportunities for farmers that take a stand against a dysfunctional prison system. Milk Not Jails is a cooperative business, meaning that our workers have the opportunity to become owners in the business as well. We are looking for an excellent driver to safely deliver our products to clients on time, represent the Milk Not Jails vision, and invest energy in becoming a leader in our business.
- Pick-up orders from farms at drop off points in NYC
- Work with staff to pack orders for clients
- Deliver orders to clients in Bronx, Queens, Manhattan and Brooklyn
- Deliver payments to farms and collect payments from clients as needed
- Communicate issues pertaining to orders and new potential client information to sales staff
- Excellent driving record
- Knowledge of commercial driving rules and regulations
- Good sense of direction in 5 boroughs
- Ability to problem solve quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to enthusiastically represent the Milk Not Jails company mission and field questions from the public
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with GPS units, a plus
- CDL license a plus, but not necessary
- Preference for those who are formerly incarcerated
Hours and Wages
This is a part-time position with the potential to become full-time. Applicants must be available to work Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays as well as Saturday mornings. The start date for this position is mid-May 2014.
Hourly wage starts at $15 per hour, with opportunities for a raise and ownership after three months.
Please submit a resume and cover letter describing a time, in a personal or professional setting, when an unexpected problem occurred and you solved it. Send your resume and cover letter as attachments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to Lauren Melodia, 497 Quincy Street, Brooklyn, NY 11221.
Deadline: May 15, 2012
Questions? Contact us at (917) 719-MILK or email@example.com.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment