Apply for our Summer Internship Program!
Milk Not Jails is seeking 2 summer interns to join our statewide advocacy campaign dedicated to moving New York State’s economy towards agriculture and away from prisons. Summer interns will help organize fun, engaging outreach to rural and urban communities at summer parades, fairs and block parties. They will also assist with policy research, develop a Milk Not Jails toolkit for student and community groups, and support the operations of our exciting political line of dairy products! Interns will have the opportunity to support a variety of projects as well as identify one or more projects to dig more deeply into.
Milk Not Jails is a political campaign to advocate for criminal justice and agricultural policy reform that will bring positive economic growth. It is also consumer campaign to mobilize New York residents to support the dairy industry and the long-term sustainability of the rural economy. Milk Not Jailsinsists that bad criminal justice policy should not be the primary economic development plan for rural, upstate New York.
Candidates must be proactive, very well organized, detail-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking. They must possess enthusiasm about the campaign, experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), comfort conducting street outreach, and excellent writing skills. Familiarity with WordPress is a plus.
- Conduct research on the dairy industry and reach out to local dairy farmers.
- Research and prepare briefings on a variety of issues.
- Draft content for our website and email updates.
- Organize events throughout New York City, upstate and western New York.
- Respond to constituent correspondence.
- Promote the campaign through street outreach and online social networking sites.
- Assist with steering committee development and communication.
- Organize fundraising events
- Database management and administrative work.
The summer internship program will run for 10-12 weeks. Interns must be available 12-20 hours per week with availability on weekends and evenings as needed. This is an unpaid internship. We are happy to work with students to obtain credit towards coursework. Interns that are interested in working 30-40 hours per week are eligible for free housing in New York City for the duration of the internship.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a cover letter explaining interest and availability (days and times) for the position along with a resume and short writing sample (1-3 pages) to email@example.com.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment